Many of these poems will be of the city of Schenectady from early 1900 to the present.

GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY - SCHENECTADY NY - PHOTO provided by F. Duci

Monday, January 31, 2011

LADY ON A WALL

LADY ON A WALL

Pleaded on a phone
for a miracle –
long ago you held
your hands on my eyes
and I still see -

This time it was not
me who needed you
near a rest room
near a lobby
near the entrance
to intensive care

I cried out loud
begged you to
give her one more
year - only one
more year.

You – cured my eyes
you held me close
you told me, only me
what to believe –
showed me miracles
do happen

It made me think of
a lady on the wall –
half floating, yet
talking
to me –
when I was destroying
my own life; or –
did they?

A lady on the wall,
she wasn't solid, she
seemed to float - it
was the first time she
let me know everything
would be fine.
I knew I had to
believe.

It is hard to give in,
to think we all have
our time and to believe
your life was at an end.

For a time I believed
my tears, prayers, all
unheard - for years -
unheard, but for years
I have believed,
you listened - then

The lady on the wall
may have saved me –
long ago.

Nancy Duci Denofio
all rights reserved
@2010

No comments: